Situated in the picturesque small town of Jamaica, Vermont, Peacock Outfitters is the perfect "jumping off" point for a variety of outdoor water activities - with access to the West River, Gale Meadows Pond, Lowell Lake, and Grout Pond - all within minutes of our shop!
With extensive local knowledge of southern Vermont's best watering holes, fishing spots and camping sites, Peacock Outfitters can guide you to that perfect getaway spot. Our goal is to help you make the most of your outdoor adventures!
- Gale Meadows - is a 195-acre man-made pond that averages 8 feet deep and has a maximum depth of about 20 feet. It’s a scenic and central location for local recreational activity. Canoeing, kayaking, fishing, and wildlife viewing are very popular activities here.
- Lowell Lake - is a great place to enjoy some of the beautiful scenery southern Vermont offers. The lake has a great kayak/canoe launch and has lots of nooks and crannies to explore and is a favorite for viewing fall foliage of the surrounding mountains.
- Stratton Snowmaking Pond - is a popular swimming hole for locals and visitors alike, and offers breathtaking views of Stratton Mountain Resort and surrounding green peaks. Great for kayaking, canoeing, and swimming. A popular spot for dog owners, be prepared to make some furry friends.
- West River: Places like Jamaica State Park are magnificent to check out and you're sure to run into some smiling faces at this local watering hole! This river is always fun. Paddling, tubing, and swimming are popular things to do on the West River. The natural scenery of southern Vermont and the cool fresh water of the West River attract people from near and far!
- Townshend Lake - is nestled in the Green Mountains of Vermont. Families from all over come to enjoy the outdoor recreational opportunities the lake provides. The recreation area sits in the West River Valley behind the Townshend Dam. The picnic area offers many large trees for shade along with other sun-
- Grout Pond - is home to a number of primitive campground sites, with a mix of drive-in sites on a loop and tent sites along its shores. Grout Pound also offers paddling, swimming, and fishing opportunities, and is conveniently located just minutes from Jamaica.